Monday, May 16, 2011

Roasted Garlic Garbanzo Beans with Feta, Mint and Lemon

Recently, I was talking with my friend Rita. Per usual we were catching each other on our lunch breaks. I was munching on a granola bar enviously as she described what she was eating. She told me about this garbanzo bean medley of flavors she was enjoying and had picked the recipe up from off the internet. I decided to go ahead and give it a shot because it sounded delicious and unusual. 

You'll need:
2 cans of Garbanzo (Chickpeas) Beans
2 T of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 to 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
3/4 to 1 c. of feta cheese
3/4 c. of mint
2 cloves of garlic
1 lemon

drain and rinse your Garbanzos


mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together and mix with your Garbanzos 

minced mint

roast your Garbanzos at 375 for 15-20 minutes. I like mine pretty roasty.

Crumble your feta.

let your Garbanzos cool for a few minutes then toss in the feta and mint and combine well. Serve with a lemon wedge. 

I agree with Rita, the initial ingredient list isn't something I'd normally put together but they really work well together. It's nutty and creamy with a little kick from the red pepper. The lemon brightens everything up too. I can't take credit for this one. Kalyn's Kitchen is where Rita referred me to find the recipe. I've been formulating a fresh summer edamame type of salad so stay tuned. Mandi and I are headed to Fla-di-da in a few days for our friends' wedding. Good thing since 9 days of Boston's 10 day forecast are rainy and in the 50s. We'll try to update some from vacationland but don't hate us if we work on our tans instead...it's been 7.5 long months since we've experienced temperatures above 70 degrees. 

-a  

1 comment:

  1. 7.5 months... Seeing that number in black and white makes me want to cry and die.
    m

    ReplyDelete