Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks!

Last Thanksgiving, Alyssanne was working and I was home alone, cooking dinner on the phone with my sister Katie, who was home alone cooking as well. In some ways, it was a welcome change from hectic family holiday, bouncing around from house to house. I made myself some coffee, listened to records, spend all day in the kitchen, taking my time cooking and sipping wine. Then, Alyssanne and I enjoyed our dinner and pies, and rang in the Christmas season with The Muppet's Christmas Carol. It was much needed after a crazy year of big decisions and changes and moves.

This weekend, our house was a lot noisier and much more crowded. It was so nice to have six place settings around our table this year, and twice as many hands helping in the kitchen!

My sisters Kelly and Katie and Katie's boyfriend Blair got in late Wednesday night. Thursday morning, we got up bright and early and began a day of cooking: a 19.15lb turkey, a brie appetizer, and 6 side dishes(!), all the while, taking turns running slices of pumpkin pie out to (mostly) thankful bus drivers.

*Kelly took most of these pictures.

Katie is a champ

All I want for Christmas is this George Jenkins t-shirt, If you find me one, I'll dance at your wedding.

the dude

baked brie w/ toasted pecans, raspberries and honey. the pastry flowers were KT's idea.

delicious

Blair

new Thanksgiving apron

cutting onions

we are stisters

carving the roast beast turkey

sides!

pretty table



roommates

wishbone match

winner!

desserts
aftermath


Today I am thankful for leftovers, lazy Sundays, sisters, cold weather and cameras.

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you cook anything new? What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

  1. SOOOOO GOOODDD!!!! I love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I mastered my mom's baklava recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm gonna need you to prove that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Boston was awesome! The food was great too! PROVEN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving, and I love your haircut!

    ReplyDelete