Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stuffed Shells

If there is a record for how many hours four people can drink wine and dance to country music, I think we broke it Friday night.












And so, after a long day of napping, we were once again craving something easy but satisfying. 

I can't think of anything more satisfying than a big ol' cheesy italian pasta concoction. Tonight it was stuffed shells. Once again, let me reiterate that I do not like instructions. I looked at the back of the pasta box, but I didn't enjoy it's tone. So I recycled it, cause that's how I roll. This was definitely a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants recipe. 


The recipe called for ground beef or sausage to be cooked with the onions and garlic and then added to the mixture. But lately I've been a little skeeved out by meat (with the exception of Jimmy Dean, of course, who is perfect and pure). We've been buying organic, which means we aren't buying as much, because it's expensive. So I'm a vegetarian most of the time.

For the mixture, Sanne combined the following in a mixing bowl:

~10oz ricotta


some grated parmesan


1c chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
~7oz thawed spinach
mozzarella cheese




cooked 1 box jumbo shells in my le creuset

isn't it pretty?

then spooned the mixture into the shells and arranged them ever-so-prettily into a baking dish.





topped it with some sauce and cheese


and covered it with aluminum foil and baked at 350 for half an hour.

Here it is, delicious as predicted:





*We are drinking this 





















and listening to this 


2 comments:

  1. mmm. easy, but soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to dance and drink and cook in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete