Tuesday, August 9, 2011

back to Italia!

It's monsoon season here in Boston, and I am in the mood for something easy and comforting on this quiet rainy night. I surveyed the pantry, leafed through my cookbooks and even tried one of those online recipe generators... and finally decided on some pasta with my leftover tomatoes, lemon and greek-y cheese that Madaline picked up.

I decided to make a sauce from scratch, so I stewed three tomatoes, added a little tomato paste and some dried herbs. My go-to's are oregano, parsley, chili powder and crushed red pepper. And salt and pepper, of course.



I also squirted a little lemon juice in there, and then added about 1/4c of the cheese. I might've added a little more after that; I can't be sure.

Once the spaghetti was cooked to almost al dente, I remembered to finish cooking it in the sauce, plated it with tongs (giving it a fancy little chef-like twirl), and topping it off with a little more cheese.




The wine is a 2009 Gabbiano Chianti. I'm sorry to say that I'm not very discerning when it comes to wine, but I do enjoy this.


And no Italian dinner of any kind would be complete without my new favorite Italian dessert: Grown-Up Sundae.


3 seconds later...

I haven't heard from y'all in a few posts. I'm afraid the "Reactions" are making you lazy! What did you have for dinner? Comments!

m

5 comments:

  1. I had an italian publix sub. your italian looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Publix subs are always a good choice!
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with tuna salad on romaine lettuce for lunch. I'll wrap pretty much anything in romaine actually. Mmm. And then I sliced some sharp cheddar and paired it with wheat thins. No cooking for me today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those "meals" have been long enjoyed by myself :) Thanks for the feedback, Nicole. I whole-heartedly concur.
    m

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had our weekly BOGO wings, however the other night I made chicken and dumplings w/ a rotisserie chicken-yum yum! an easier twist to my normal recipe.

    ReplyDelete