Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where's my dinner?

Today was the last day of my week-long literacy class. It's been amazing to be away from my office for a bit, talk to other teachers, and learn more than I ever knew there was to learn about vocabulary and literacy from some brilliant educators.

But enough of that, you aren't here to read about school. Let's talk about the food. Actually, there isn't much to talk about. I haven't cooked since last Sunday. It's been mostly take out and PB&J around here. But, it's about 9:45pm, and I still haven't had dinner. I'm itching to cook something on the lighter side; something straightforward and fast.

After a quick assessment (applying my teacher terms here...), I found that some tomato, parmesan, onion and fresh(?) rosemary. A flatbread pizza is what's for dinner.



I saw something like this on a food blog last week, but I can't remember which one. So please don't go around telling people that I invented this amazing thing, because I didn't.

I caramelized about half an onion in some oil with a small teaspoon of sugar to move the process along. After the onion, I sliced some tomato as thin as possible, shredded a little parmesan and sprinkled some rosemary. I topped it off with a drizzle of olive oil and popped it in the oven. Top and pop.


I am satisfied.

What do you eat when the moon is high?


m

2 comments:

  1. pioneer woman has an incredible caramelized onion pizza recipe. lie, really incredible. my favorite recipe on earth, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bold statement. I'll have to try it, thanks Brittany (Steve, Gabe and Ezra)!

    ReplyDelete