Saturday, June 11, 2011

pasta and internets

I have some exciting news... Eileen from Cardullo's has asked me to pair up with her and do a tasting on June 23rd! I hope all you locals can stop by and support FeDish at our first public event! The theme is mushrooms. I'm excited and a little anxious. Feeling the pressure, I went to the store tonight to get mushrooms and look around for inspiration. I want to find something different and interesting to pair with mushrooms, and I plan on doing some research this weekend. I came home with mushrooms, two bottles of wine, italian sausage, two different cheeses, a baguette, marinated olives and a redbox movie. Guess who came up with tons of mushroom-y ideas? Not I. I spent the evening drinking a bottle of wine and munching on italian delights. Oh well!


Then, I skyped with my sister and her friend, and we shared funny YouTube videos.



I need your help, readers. Is there some secret fantastical food that pairs amazingly with mushrooms? Tell me! What's your favorite YouTube funnie? Mine is "Star Wars according to a 3 year old".


m

6 comments:

  1. what video were we watching at this time?? I think it was the cat mosh pit

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i think so...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQSoMakoIU

    so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie Oliver does a super-simple recipe. He tosses together mushrooms with chopped garlic and thyme, and then places ripped pieces of fresh mozzarella on top. All that gets roasted at 400 for about 20 minutes. Delicious! I bet it would work well with a nice white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby Flay once did a fontina and mushroom pizza. i forget what type of mushrooms. and i believe it was a french bread pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. remember the mushrooms we had at coochi coochi? they were sooo grrood.

    ReplyDelete