Friday, June 24, 2011

Chicken Parmesan according to a 6-year old

Tonight, my 6 year old cousin Amanda called me to "chit chat." She was at my sisters' house, cooking dinner and watching The Goonies. She told me how to make Chicken Parmesan. Here are her step-by-step instructions:

"Take some chicken. Put it in the egg, put it in the bread put it in the pan. Then you put some cheese on there, some sauce on there, and then some more cheese. And then you put some more noodles. Then you put it in the oven. You set an alarm and you wait until the alarm does: 'beeeep' then you have to take it out of the oven and then you can eat it."

Later, I remembered to ask for a picture, but this is all my sister could get:


Here she is awake:


Today, in the 11th hour, I found out that a spot opened up in this class that I need to take. It's a week-long institute on literacy and the instructor sent me approximately 13 articles, journals and book excerpts to prepare me for each speaker. Oh, and it starts on Monday.

And so tonight its reading and takeout.  That goes for Saturday and Sunday, too.

Sushi and Development of Orthographic Knowledge and the Foundations of Literacy, a winning combination.

Have a great weekend! Do something fun for me!

m

1 comment:

  1. looks like fun! it was good chatting with you tonight.

    bye.

    ReplyDelete