Friday, December 17, 2010

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Yesterday, the mood struck to bake again. Surprise, surprise. I decided to go with what I had on hand instead of trekking to the store. What I found in my pantry was: cranberries, pecans, whole wheat flour, oats and such. It sounded good to me. I tossed it all together and voila, had some delicious tartly muffins.

Here's the recipe I threw together:

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. brown sugar packed (add more if you want a little sweeter)
1 egg
1 c. yogurt
1 T. oil
1 T. apple sauce (you can just use 2 T. of either oil or apple sauce too)
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 c. pecans
1/2 c to 1 c. fresh cranberries

I baked them at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes and it made 10 to 12 muffins.

So there's an easy, healthy and delicious muffin recipe for you. My friend Marilyn asked if this could be converted to make pancakes and I will be trying it out because it sounds delicious as pancakes too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mixin'

It made 12 these size. Next time, I would make them larger.

Up close and personal. 

These muffins were baked to the tunes of REM and yes, I was shamelessly dancing in the kitchen. As you always should when you are waiting for things to finish baking. 

2 comments:

  1. I had one for breakfast yesterday and it was awesome!
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to try making this as a loaf and have it available Christmas morning with oodles of coffee!!

    ReplyDelete