Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Goin' Pickin'

So in case you're just tuning in, we've been something of an apple factory lately. And we've only just begun. But before we go any further, I thought I'd share with you the origins of our craziness... Parlee Farm in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts. On Saturday, we had gorgeous weather, the kind that Floridians dream about when October rolls around. So my friends Jordan and Andrew, their friend Marie, Alyssanne and I packed our Floridian asses (yes, all five of them) into the car and drove out to pick us some apples. The farm turned out to be really really nice. Not only did they have apples a-plenty, there were pumpkins, goats, rabbits, a mandatory hayride out the the orchards, and a pick-your-own flower garden. They also had apple cider doughnuts which, let's face it, is the main attraction of most of these places. 

photos by Sanne


I want one 
hehe




cowboy take me away



a bit of fall for your day





albino 

apple crumble + ice cream = :)


they tried to make a break for it
Autumn in New England might be one my favorite experiences in life. Picking my own food from the ground (or tree) and then taking it to my kitchen and creating something beautiful and delicious from it is something I hope to do forever. 

Anyway, so now you know where our apples lived and died. I hope you enjoy the rest of our apple recipes. Is there anything else fall-ish that you have been wanting to try that we can test-drive for you? Speak up!!

m

2 comments:

  1. I found what I want to make with all our fresh apples this year!!

    http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/10/apple-pie-cookies/

    I wish we were all together to make these, because they would be so much more fun all together. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted that picture and link a couple days ago! Miss you too!
    m

    ReplyDelete