Monday, September 19, 2011

Oh, Hello Fall.

I am trying to reconcile with Fall's early arrival. I wasn't ready yet. Today, I am still not. I had a full and eventful summer. Some of you may have wondered where I disappeared to... I've taken somewhat of a sabbatical from Fedish this summer because I had so much on my plate (pun intended). As summer kicked off, I was promoted at work. My new position brought a new level of time and energy consumption for me. I was also fortunate enough to have saved, scrimped, and planned thoroughly (and still had to said a few Hail Marys) to get to take the first vacation I've had in quite a while. I was able to go to see a dear friend get married and spend two glorious weeks traveling around Italy. I full intend to share all about that sometime soon.

I have had tons of culinary experiences I have wanted to share this summer. However, I needed to adjust and to fully enjoy every drop of sunshine and fun I could (because we have so precious little of it in New England) and to share later. Mandi has graciously been holding down the Fedish fort and sharing her summer food adventures with you. As I make my peace with fall calling a week early, I am extremely excited for all the fall activities, food, cooking and sharing to commence. I am attempting to dwell fully in autumn for it's brief but amazing offerings and ignore the impending frost of winter racing up behind it.

Hope summer was warm and fun for all of you as well. 
-a

My lunch is evidence I am not ready to let go of summer yet.


2 comments: