Sunday, March 4, 2012

leftovers Sunday

Tonight, I looked at my leftover spinach and heavy cream in the refrigerator and immediately thought of this recipe that I had seen months ago.


I knew I didn't have enough to make a substantial serving, so I added some sauteed shallots to the mix, and it turned out pretty good!


isn't that a pretty green?

There seemed to be a lot of steps in this recipe, but I think the main point was to get rid of all the water and replace it with cream, butter and flour.


Which I am more than okay with. I topped it with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, baked it at 375 for about 15 minutes and ate it before I could snap one last picture.


Hope you're having a good Doomsday Sunday!

m

1 comment:

  1. that looks yummy and everything is always better w/ heavy cream!!

    ReplyDelete