Friday, March 18, 2011

Higher education and a barrage of links

A few months ago, I raved about a seminar I went to at BU with Judith Jones. Yesterday, I came across a list of the spring seminars. A lot of them are filled already, but I made it off of the waiting list for Judith Jones, so I'm taking my chances next month with Artisan Cheeses of the World. Wish me luck! The seminar includes a talk about cheese making, tastings paired with condiments and wines and a copy of the book The Cheese Primer. Yum! Another class that sounded interesting was All About Sausages. I registered for that one, too. These things are addicting. I'm also looking at a two-day seminar on food and recipe writing. Being in school again has been fun. My Children's Literature class is going really well, and I'm working on my application for the Literacy Intervention Certification Program this summer. I loved being in design, but not as much as I enjoy cooking seminars and education classes... C'est la vie. So, anyone interested in taking a cooking class with me?

I also mentioned before that we are a part of the Boston Food Bloggers webring. Today, I saw that they announced something called Cupcake Camp, a contest for professional or amateur (or hobbit?)bakers and a cupcake-palooza for sweet-tooths. Their website, cupcakecamp.org describes it as "... an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and eat cupcakes in an open environment." Um, yes please. How many of you think that our Alyssanne should participate in this? Vote in our new poll of the week on the sidebar.

Finally, in other education news, I received an email this morning from the president of BU announcing that they are raising tuition and room and board to $53,558.00. What do you think about that?

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to hear how awesome those classes are. I am inspired to do that as well!

    ReplyDelete